1/2 cup olive oil plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
Pinch of salt, to taste
Pinch of pepper, to taste
1 eggplant, quartered lengthwise
2 tablespoons Chili OKAZU
Optionally garnish with kaiware or cress sprouts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Coat eggplant with olive oil and place skin side down onto a metal baking tray.
3. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden and soft, slightly charred on the edges. Or roast in your grill/wood burning stove for about 15 minutes directly over the embers until flesh is soft and skin is blistered.
4. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, peel off skin and place eggplant flesh into blender.
5. Add pinch of salt, pepper, and two tablespoons olive oil. Pulse until desired consistency (I like it slightly courser.)
6. Top with Chili OKAZU and serve with crackers.
In this recipe:
Use for spicier dip:
This recipe is made by Josephine Fan (@grow_mama_grow)