June 01, 2020
Prep time: 5 mins
Marinate time: 30 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Extra firm tofu
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. honey
2 garlic cloves, chopped
OKAZU (enough to base the steaks with)
1. Cut extra firm tofu into 1/4 inch slices. Salt generously.
2. Press each slice between paper towel to remove excess moisture.
3. Marinade (soy sauce, honey, garlic, paprika) for 30 mins in the fridge.
4. BBQ for 5 mins on each side while occasionally basting with OKAZU.
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish.
December 22, 2020
We love matcha! These butter cookies aren’t too sweet and they highlight the delicate bitterness of matcha (green tea powder). Fumi has been gobbling these up. Enjoy with a cup of hot tea.
December 10, 2020
November 10, 2020
Do you know about kinpira-gobo? We used to make it for our orinigiri (Japanese rice ball) when we had a store front on Dupont street in Toronto. Kinpira is usually made with burdock roots and carrots.
Since I am in Japan, I sent OKAZU to my Japanese friends to see how they use it.
This recipe is from one of my friends who make kinpira with beets instead of burdock roots and carrots. It's super easy and delicious, so I wanted to share it with you!
Stay connected with our newsletter