June 26, 2020
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup cannellini beans, mashed
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 large egg lightly beaten, discard half
2 burger buns
2 cups spinach, rinsed and cut into large pieces
1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 burger buns
1tsp smoked paprika
Apple Cider Onions:
1 tablespoon butter
1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup apple cider
1. In a large bowl combine the quinoa, mashed beans, panko, egg, salt and pepper. Mix well to moisten the ingredient, then add the shredded cheddar cheese. Mix again and form into 2 equal patties. Place on a plate and put in the fridge.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with oil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Gently toss to evenly coat, then spread the potatoes on a baking sheet in one layer. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip and bake until crispy, 15-20 minutes more.
3. While the sweet potatoes cook, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook about 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Lower the heat to medium-low, and pour 1/2 the apple cider into the skillet; let it cook into the onions, then add more apple cider until the onions are caramelized and the liquid’s absorbed. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
4. Add the spinach, 1 tsp. olive oil and 2 tsp. water to the skillet over medium heat; stir until the spinach wilts, 1 minute. Set the spinach aside.
5. In the same skillet, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove the quinoa patties from the fridge and cook until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
6. Assemble the burgers by placing cider onions on the bun bottoms. Top with the quinoa patties more onions, sweet potato fries, wilted spinach and Chili OKAZU. Close with top buns.
August 27, 2020
Udon noodles are the best. They're a lot of fun to eat and their thickness really helps to hold onto all that yummy sauce. They also make for the easiest dinners, and are a great way of using up whatever veggies you have in the fridge.
August 17, 2020
Homemade salad dressings are the best! Not only are they healthier than store-bought dressings, but we get to know exactly what's going into them. We made this super easy miso dressing, and the flavours were just exceptional, we had to share it with you guys! The ginger, tahini and miso create the most flavourful experience.
Stay connected with our newsletter