Transform your classic pumpkin soup into a culinary masterpiece with a drizzle of OKAZU Chili Miso. Elevate your autumn comfort food to new heights with a harmonious blend of flavours and a touch of spicy umami.
Servings: 5-6 bowls
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 small pumpkin (½ kg or 1 lb), peeled and cut into chunks
1 small white onion
1 garlic clove
3 cups chicken or vegetable stock / broth
½ cup cream or half-and-half
2 Tbsp OKAZU Chili Miso
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, combine the peeled and cut pumpkin, chopped onion, minced garlic, and your choice of vegetable or chicken broth/stock.
- Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a rapid boil. Allow it to boil for about 10-15 minutes, or until the pumpkin chunks are tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Once the pumpkin is tender, it's time to blend the soup. For a silky-smooth texture, use an immersion blender directly in the pot. Alternatively, carefully transfer the mixture to a blender and blend in batches until smooth. Be cautious when blending hot liquids to prevent splattering.
- Return the blended mixture to the pot if you used a traditional blender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste, adjusting the quantities to your preference.
- Stir in the heavy cream or half-and-half, and mix until well combined. Be sure not to let the soup come to a boil after adding the cream to prevent curdling.
- Your creamy and comforting pumpkin soup is now ready to serve. Ladle it into bowls while it's piping hot.
- For an extra kick of flavour, drizzle a spoonful of OKAZU Chili Miso onto your bowl of soup before serving. This adds a delightful spicy and umami twist to your pumpkin soup.
- Enjoy your homemade pumpkin soup, savouring the rich, velvety texture and the warmth of the season!