The matcha rice crispy squares are awesome as is, but we’ve jazzed them up for Halloween with orange coloured reese’s pieces, black sesame seeds, and a drizzle of while chocolate.
Servings: 9-12 bars
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
2-3 Tbsp ABO Matcha Usagi (culinary grade)
6 cups Puffed Rice cereal
10 oz mini marshmallows
3 Tbsp unsalted butter
½ cup Reese’s Pieces
¼ cup black sesame seeds
½ cup white chocolate chips
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift the matcha powder into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Measure out the rest of the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave the marshmallows and butter on high heat for 45 seconds. Check them and stir, then return to microwave for 30-45 seconds.
- Once melted, pour in the matcha and stir.
- Add the puffed rice cereal and quickly start mixing. Once mostly combined, toss in the Reese’s Pieces and the sesame seeds.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press into pan. Using your hand and a small piece of parchment paper works well.
- Let cool about 5 minutes and remove from pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in a mag in the microwave for 20 second intervals, checking to see it melted. Once you can stir the chocolate smoothly, spoon into corner of plastic freezer bag. Snip the corner off with scissors and drizzle melted chocolate all over.
- Once the chocolate has set, cut into bars.