Elevate the classic comfort of scalloped potatoes with a generous drizzle of our signature OKAZU Chili Miso or Spicy Chili Miso. The rich, umami-packed flavours of OKAZU add a unique twist to every creamy layer, creating a harmonious blend of textures and tastes. Whether served as a comforting side dish or the star of your meal, this recipe prepared by @torontofoodsnob promises a flavourful experience that will leave your taste buds tingling for more.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour (approximate)
2 medium white potatoes, thinly sliced
⅛ cup butter
1 Tbsp OKAZU Chili Miso, oil only
2 garlic cloves, minced
⅛ cup flour
1 cup milk
½ cup chicken stock
Salt & pepper to taste
Cast iron or baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the butter and OKAZU Chili Miso oil to a pot, once the butter has melted, add the onion and garlic.
- Once the onions are soft, add flour and cook for another minute or until there is a nutty aroma.
- Add the milk and broth, whisk until combined and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Grease a cast iron and arrange the thinly sliced potatoes slightly overlapping each other.
- Once the sauce boils, pour over the potatoes, add cheese, cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 30 to 45 minutes or until golden brown, bubbly and potatoes are tender.
- Broil until the top is golden, remove from heat and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Finish with a drizzle of OKAZU.
Recipe by @torontofoodsnob (Rob & Irene)