Since the weather is warming up and you guys are pulling out your barbecues, we thought we'd share this amazing BBQ tofu steaks recipe. These steaks are delicious, so easy to whip up and are such a great source of plant-based protein. If you don't have a barbecue, you can just throw these on the stove using a griddle pan, just like we did!
Prep time: 5 mins
Marinate time: 30 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Extra firm tofu
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp. honey
2 garlic cloves, chopped
OKAZU (enough to base the steaks with)
1. Cut extra firm tofu into 1/4 inch slices. Salt generously.
2. Press each slice between paper towel to remove excess moisture.
3. Marinade (soy sauce, honey, garlic, paprika) for 30 mins in the fridge.
4. BBQ for 5 mins on each side while occasionally basting with OKAZU.
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish.