October 27, 2020
Hummus is one of our favourite foods. Its incredible taste combined with its creaminess really adds another level of flavour and texture to any dish. It's also highly nutritious and easy to prepare. To make things even better, there are so many versions hummus - you're bound to find a favourite!
In this recipe, we changed the traditional hummus recipe to include some edamame and OKAZU. It was absolutely delicious and it only took us 30 minutes to prepare! Find the full recipe below.
Prep & Cooking time: 30 mins
1/2 cup edamame
1 cup chickpeas (cooked)
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tbsp. Chili OKAZU
1. Add the tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, cumin and salt to a food processor, and process until all the ingredients have been combined well.
2. Add the edamame to the processor and blend until the mixture looks smooth.
3. Add 1/2 cup of the chickpeas to the processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and thick. If you find that the mixture is too thick at this point, add 2 tbsp. of water and blend until the water is combined.
4. Add the remaining chickpeas and blend until smooth and thick. Add the OKAZU and blend once more to combine.
5. Once done, add to a container or bowl and top with an additional tsp. of OKAZU.
December 22, 2020
We love matcha! These butter cookies aren’t too sweet and they highlight the delicate bitterness of matcha (green tea powder). Fumi has been gobbling these up. Enjoy with a cup of hot tea.
December 10, 2020
November 10, 2020
Do you know about kinpira-gobo? We used to make it for our orinigiri (Japanese rice ball) when we had a store front on Dupont street in Toronto. Kinpira is usually made with burdock roots and carrots.
Since I am in Japan, I sent OKAZU to my Japanese friends to see how they use it.
This recipe is from one of my friends who make kinpira with beets instead of burdock roots and carrots. It's super easy and delicious, so I wanted to share it with you!
Stay connected with our newsletter